The University of Florida provides multiple forms of leave for its faculty. This includes annual (vacation) leave, sick leave, holiday leave and December personal leave.
- Annual (Vacation) Leave – This is credited on an accrual basis at the rate of 6.769 hours per payperiod (26 payperiods per year). This totals roughly 22 days of annual leave per year.
- Sick Leave – This is credited on an accrual basis at the rate of 4.00 hours per payperiod (26 payperiods per year). This totals roughly 13 days of annual leave per year. Sick leave may also be used as maternity/paternity leave.
- Holidays – Roughly 10 days per year are awarded as holiday leave. They typically include New Years, MLK, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, UF Homecoming, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving and Christmas
- December Personal Leave – Each December faculty are credited an additional four days of annual leave. These days are often used during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. However, due to department scheduling, a faculty member might have to use these days at another point in time. They can be used through the end of the fiscal year (June 30th).
- Conference Leave – Please speak with your department administrator or manager and they can tell you their policy for conference leave
Please see the Leave Administration website for all current information on the various forms of leave. http://www.hr.ufl.edu/leave/default.asp