College of Medicine Missions
Overall Mission: The College of Medicine strives to improve health care in Florida, our nation, and the world through excellence and consistently superior leadership in education, clinical care, education, discovery, and service. To achieve this mission we aspire to the following goals:
- To develop humanistic, skilled, intellectually disciplined, and authoritative medical professionals who are committed to the highest ideals and standards of the profession and who model an exceptional standard of care for those they treat, lead, and serve.
- To educate and inspire the next generation of leaders in health care, biomedical sciences, health services research, and academic medicine to seek, provide and sustain unparalleled achievements in service, teaching, and research.
- To provide comprehensive, patient-centered, culturally sensitive, compassionate, and innovative health care of the highest quality to all.
- To develop and utilize innovative models of interdisciplinary health care delivery that optimize safety, service, outcomes, and resource use.
- To provide leadership to the State of Florida, the nation, and the world in efforts to promote health, to predict and prevent disease, and to deliver care.
- To improve our understanding of human health and disease through groundbreaking research and to translate these discoveries into new solutions that promote health, and improve health outcomes and quality of care.
- To recruit, develop, and nurture a diverse and academically outstanding community of faculty, students, trainees, and staff, who each contribute to excellence in our missions.
- To promote sustained, robust professional and personal growth, productivity, accountability, integrity, and synergistic collaboration, and synergy of Faculty, students, and staff.