Educational Development Certificate Series
Educational Development Series
Faculty who are interested in improving their understanding of teaching and learning and in acquiring advanced skills for active and interactive teaching and learning are invited to participate in this monthly series. The regular seminars cover a variety of topics as listed in the Scheduled Workshops listed below. Once a year, an extended 3-hour interactive session called Faculty as Teachers (FasT) is offered. Those faculty who complete 10 workshops over 2 years will receive a certificate of completion that they can add to their educational portfolio for recognition of ongoing professional development in education. This certification will serve as documentation of self-motivated learning for consideration at annual evaluations and during the promotion/tenure process. All sessions are recorded and archived through the Faculty Affairs website. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
The Faculty as Teachers (FasT) program is designed to provide participants with the “nuts and bolts” of teaching and learning: setting expectations for learners, teaching skills for active learning, giving effective feedback to learners and assessing learning. Faculty who complete the FasT program will receive credit for having completed four faculty development workshops.
- December 18, 2014 – Creating and Publishing Educational Scholarship – Erik Black, PhD
- January 28, 2015 – Team Based Learning : Using a Flipped Classroom to Engage Learners in Problem Solving and Decision Making – Wayne McCormack, PhD
- February 25, 2015 – Small Group Teaching – Shelley Collins, MD
- March 19, 2015 – Constructing your Educational Portfolio – Shireen Madani Sims, MD
- April 16, 2015 – Professionalism and the Hidden Curriculum – Robert Hatch, MD
- May 21, 2015 – Skills Training in the Emergency Department – Robert Desai, MD and Tricia Swan, MD
- June 17, 2015 – Beyond the Basics: Team Based Learning Facilitation Skills – Wayne McCormack, PhD
To register for seminars go to http://training.health.ufl.edu/
If you are unable to attend in person, please visit our Livestreaming Videos Page to view the currently scheduled session.
|Interprofessional Education: It’s Here||Amy Blue||01-29-14|
|Turning Teaching into Scholarship: Enhancing Your Academic Record||Wayne McCormack||01-30-13|
|Team-Based Learning: An Exciting & Interactive Alternative…||Wayne McCormack||02-15-12|
|Enhancing the Lecture Format||Robert Averbuch||10-19-11|
|Mentoring: Giving and Receiving
|Marian Limacher, Gwen Lombard, Rebecca Pauly, Casey White||06-08-11|