Educational Development Certificate Series
Educational Development Series
Faculty who are interested in improving their understanding of teaching and learning and in acquiring advanced skills for active and interactive teaching and learning are invited to participate in this monthly series. The regular seminars cover a variety of topics as listed in the Scheduled Workshops listed below. Once a year, an extended 3-hour interactive session called Faculty as Teachers (FasT) is offered. Those faculty who complete 10 workshops over 2 years will receive a certificate of completion that they can add to their educational portfolio for recognition of ongoing professional development in education. This certification will serve as documentation of self-motivated learning for consideration at annual evaluations and during the promotion/tenure process. Please click on any of the following relevant links to view the current schedule, recordings of previous sessions, or workshop handouts:
The Educational Scholarship Learning Community is a group of UF Health Science Center faculty members interested in supporting education research and scholarship in health sciences education. Please click HERE for more details.
The Faculty as Teachers (FasT) program is designed to provide participants with the “nuts and bolts” of teaching and learning: setting expectations for learners, teaching skills for active learning, giving effective feedback to learners and assessing learning. Faculty who complete the FasT program will receive credit for having completed four faculty development workshops.
Fall Educational Development Series
- Thursday, August 27, 2015 – Clinical Teaching Pearls – Rob Hatch, MD
- Thursday, September 24, 2015 – Faculty as Teachers – Casey White, PhD & Erik Black, MD
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 – Legal Issues in Residency Training – Christi Braun, JD
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015 – Negotiating with your Chair for GME – Peter Carek, MD
- Wednesday, October 28, 2015 – Residents with Addiction: Recognition, Recovery & PRN – Frank Orlando, MD & Martha Brown, MD
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015 – Unconscious Bias – Lisa Dixon, MD
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015 – ACGME: Friend or Foe – Lynne Meyer, PhD
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015 – GME Funding – Tim Flynn, MD
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015 – Accommodations for Residents with Disabilities – Ken Osfield, EdD
To register for seminars go to: http://mytraining.ufhealth.org
If you are unable to attend in person, please visit our Livestreaming Videos Page to view the currently scheduled session.
|Interprofessional Education: It’s Here||Amy Blue||01-29-14|
|Turning Teaching into Scholarship: Enhancing Your Academic Record||Wayne McCormack||01-30-13|
|Team-Based Learning: An Exciting & Interactive Alternative…||Wayne McCormack||02-15-12|
|Enhancing the Lecture Format||Robert Averbuch||10-19-11|
|Mentoring: Giving and Receiving
|Marian Limacher, Gwen Lombard, Rebecca Pauly, Casey White||06-08-11|