An interactive workshop to discuss the use of new learning approaches, such as blended learning, to facilitate skills training in the emergency department. Tricia Swan, MD, FAAP and Bobby Desai, MD, FACEP will discuss a model of simulation coupled with on-line learning techniques and direct feedback to facilitate cost-effective, efficient and effective education in medicine.
- Identify new educational approaches and how they can be utilized effectively in medical education.
- Learn about the blended learning approach, utilizing the example presented for the emergency department.
- Describe learning assessment techniques and their utilization in blended learning environments.
- Utilize Web 2.0 tools to provide direct and contemporaneous feedback to learners to enhance the educational experience.
- Register at the HSC Training site to attend in person.
- Can’t attend? View the livestreaming video here.
- A post-event recording will be posted here.