This presentation will begin with a review of the benefits of small group teaching and the characteristics of an effective small group discussion. Dr. Shelley Collins will then lead a discussion the dynamics of being the leader of a small group. We will work through a variety of real life scenarios and problem solve together about the best way to manage specific challenges a small group leader encounters in small group instruction.
1. Recognize the benefits of small group teaching in all levels of medical education
2. Describe characteristics of effective small group discussions
3. Understand the role of a small group facilitator
4. Recognize group dynamics play a role in the success of a small group teaching session
5. Identify solutions to specific challenges encountered in small group instruction
- Register at the HSC Training site to attend in person.
- Can’t attend? View the livestreaming video here.
- A post-event recording will be posted here.