The Mini-CEX (Mini-Clinical Evaluation Exercise) is a 10-20 minute direct observation assessment or “snapshot” of a trainee-patient interaction. The goal of this session is to familiarize the participants with workplace-based assessments methods being used, with a focus on mini-CEX. It will highlight the importance of formative assessment in learning, review some of the research on the methods, present a model for faculty development, and describe some of the current research on feedback to trainees.
- Discuss need for workplace-based assessment
- Use Mini-CEX form during the hands-on session
- Practice “frame of reference training”
Presenter: Zareen Zaidi, MD
Date: March 10, 2016
Time: 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Location: HME Building, Room 128
- Register at the myTraining site to attend in person.
- Can’t attend? View the livestreaming video here.
- A post-event recording will be posted here.