Key concepts in negotiating will be discussed. Using Fisher and Ury’s classic negotiating book, “Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In,” as a point of departure strategies on how to approach and conduct negotiations will be discussed with real-life examples from the COM and elsewhere.
After this session, participants will be able to…
- Recognize when the negotiation begins
- Separate the people from the problem
- Focus on interests and not positions
- Increase the negotiation space and identify options for mutual gain
- Employ benchmarking and use objective criteria
- Identify when the negotiation ends
Presenter: Henry Baker, PhD
Date: December 10, 2015
Time: 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Location: HME Building, Room 128
- Register at the myTraining site to attend in person.
- Can’t attend? View the livestreaming video here.
- A post-event recording will be posted here.