Challenges to probation or dismissal? Allegations of discrimination? Threat of a lawsuit? Calling a lawyer is one of your first thoughts in these events. Legal advice can, however, be helpful long before a situation devolves to the point of a legal dispute. This presentation will provide an overview of the top legal issues that program directors face.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the role of legal counsel in assisting program directors and departments.
- Identify situations in which a lawyer should be involved.
- Collect the information legal counsel will need to be able to assist you.
Presenter: Christi Braun, JD
Date: December 2, 2015
Time: 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Location: HME Building, Room 128
- Register at the myTraining site to attend in person.
- Livestreaming video link.
NOTE: In order to receive credit for viewing the livestreaming video, you MUST complete and submit the GME workshop evaluation form as soon as the workshop ends!
- Click the button below to complete and submit the CME Credit Request form.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.