Who may nominate: Any currently employed UF COM faculty member with a clinical assignment. Residents and fellows may co-nominate with a UF COM faculty member.
- Currently employed UF COM faculty member (Gainesville) with a clinical assignment in patient care (voluntary faculty or courtesy faculty are not eligible).
- Primary appointment in a UF COM clinical department.
- Member of the COM faculty for at least five years.
- Clinical achievements prompting the nomination have taken place while a UF COM faculty member.
- Clinical activities include directly providing clinical care or directly participating in clinical services.
Criteria for Selection include (but are not limited to) documentation of:
- Local, regional and national reputation for medical expertise and clinical excellence.
- Recognition through department-level awards for clinical excellence.
- Advocacy, devotion, and compassion for patients.
- Collegiality and respect for peers, referring physicians and clinical staff.
- Leading effective change in local, regional or national health care practices.
- Leadership positions with clinically-oriented governmental and private agencies (e.g. AHRQ, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, etc.).
- Clinically oriented peer-reviewed publications.
The award will consist of a cash prize, and a plaque, . The awardee will be selected by a committee consisting of members of the Faculty Council plus UF Health Clinical Leaders.
Nominations will open in the spring of 2024