The FEO Task Force encourages applications for creative and flexible faculty development activities, including, but not limited to: educational experiences/conferences, work with consultants/experts, time devoted to intensive writing or creative work or activities in support of a new direction for one’s scholarly work.
FEO’s are available to all full-time faculty in the Health Sciences, IFAS and the College of Law, and other faculty who are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Part time faculty are funded within the College of Medicine. Faculty must have been hired on October 14, 2020 or earlier in order to qualify. The electronic LOI is due by August 21, 2023 and the complete application is due by September 15, 2023 @5:00PM.
Please put September 15, 2023 @5:00PM. in your calendar for the deadline to have your completed applications submitted to the COM-FEO review committee (email firstname.lastname@example.org ). You must submit your application to the COM-FEO review committee for review and support. This is NOT the October 14, 2023 deadline listed on the application form. That is the deadline for the COM-FEO review committee to send your supported application to campus.
Once again, “e” Letters of Intent (eLOI) are required for COM applications (email email@example.com ). Please submit a brief “e Letter of Intent (eLOI)” prior to the October 1st application deadline. Please tell us what date you joined the UF faculty and describe what is the activity you will be requesting support (1-2 sentences), an estimated total cost, and the time frame that the activity will take place (which must be between January 1 and June 30, 2024).
Special instructions for the College of Medicine
- If you are requesting salary support, to be competitive, it is suggested that you justify why this activity can’t be performed during your academic time.
- If multiple individuals, from the same department, are requesting the same activity, please consider whether it is possible and more cost-effective to bring that activity to UF verse multiple UF faculty traveling to the activity.
- The FEO is currently the preferred mechanism to support involvement in the Provost endorsed NCFDD Faculty Success Program.
COM Deadline: September 15, 2023 @ 5PM
FEO Resources and Sample Materials
- FEO Principles and Procedures (.pdf)
- FEO Final Report Form (.pdf)
- Leaves Chart (.pdf)
- FEO reviewers will use this score sheet (.pdf) to evaluate applications.
- Samples of excellent proposals (with budget pages removed):
- Samples of excellent budget justifications:
- Samples of excellent final reports with budget information removed: